cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Quickstart 12.0 suddenly appearing as Evaluation and expired

mrjadmin
Level 2

A client of mine has been running BE quickstart 12.0 for around 2 years now with no problems. 

This morning, the backup has reported a fail and when opening up the familiar BE console, the following message is displayed:

"Your evaluation period has expired. The storage media operations have been suspended. Please call your dealer to purchase this product"

I have no idea why it has leaped from Quickstart to Evaluation mode and then expires (day 61 or 60).

I've tried numerous ways to fix this without removing the whole system and reinstalling

- Repairing the installation
- trying to find license key information, but there is none!

Can anybody shed some light on this, or ever heard of it!??

Your help is very very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Gary

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Try looking for BESERNUM.XML in hidden folder on yor C: drive and use that with the import button on your licenses screen

mrjadmin
Level 2

Unfortunatley, there is no way of accessing or getting to the Licenses screen

If I click on "Tools -> Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server" it takes me directly to  Repair/Uninstall options and totally bypasses any licensing options. 

It is all very strange. 

Currently performing a search for this XML file, but no luck so far. Any idea where this file would be?

Thank you. 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Where it is depends on your operating system version, but if you don't get a modify option to allow you to get to licensing screen it sound like something has gone wrong with yoru install

BTW techncially the Quickstart Edition is supported by the hardware vendor that sold it to you.

mrjadmin
Level 2

Well it's a Sony drive, yet Sony offer no contact or support information for this. They only point back to 3rd party vendors... e.g. back to Symantec! 

For some reason, even though the system says it is past it's evaluation, it is now allowing me to backup, so I am not sure what is happening. 

I think a reboot and reinstall of the software might be in order.