cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers Service in Stopping State

Joe_Abraham
Level 4
Hi All,
Last nites back was qued. I checked online and found that it is ques becuase the device was offline; I verfied. My tape drive was offline. Veritas knowledge base says to stop and restart the services. I tried to do that but
Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service is in "stopping" state. I cannot release it. All the buttons are greyed out. Knowledge also says: 1) stop and restart services if that doesnt work 2)manually restart and lastly to reboot server. Anyone has any idea why it is greyed out?Why Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers Service is in "STOPPING" state and not passed on "STOPPED" state.
I dont want restart the server just yet. Hopefully if there isnt any other advice and I have to reboot the server issues will cease to be an issue.
Using w2k3 with e2k3/ SDTL 110 t320 drive made by Quantum.

Thanks in Advance
Joe
7 REPLIES 7

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please repair the database and check the results.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Joe_Abraham
Level 4
Which database should I repair?
How is that relevant? Even on the Knowledge base it doesnt mention anything about database repair!

Joe_Abraham
Level 4
As per the link http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191594.htm

I had to go with option3. But that didnt resolve the problem.
My back up stopped last nite as well.
My backup device/software is on the mailserver.
Vertias 9./w2k3/e2k3
Application error: event id 1000
Faulting application beremote.exe, version 9.1.4691.49 faulting module BEDSMBox.dll version 9.1.4691.47, fault address 0x0000a49f

DrWatson: event id: 4097
The application ................beremote.exe, generated application error. The error occurred on 01/05/2006 @4:49am The exception generated c0000005 at address 0170A4F

Anyone here cna decipher the error and provide any solution?

Thanks
Joe

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,
Kindly refer the following document to resolve the issue:

Backup Exec Remote Agent service stops during a backup and a "Faulting application beremote.exe, version 9.1.4691.35, faulting module bedsnt5.dll, version 9.1.4691.20" error is logged in the Application event log.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/278033

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Joe_Abraham
Level 4
Unchecking the wbem folder the server did not do the trick.

-Windows 2000 AS
-Sharepoint Server
-It works flawlessly 100% back up if you do the server along.

Is there any other suggestion?

Thanks
Joe

Joe_Abraham
Level 4
If you do the server alone it backsup without an issue

-Also reloaded the agent for the server

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Is the remote agent service now started? Do you have APC running on the machine? Please refer to the following document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/278284

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.