cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec SBS Premium requires additional Remote Agent Licence?

RuddvD
Level 3
Hi All,

We have been running BEEXEC for quite some time and needed to re-install on the server to sort out a whole lot of issues with System Recovery and getting the two brothers to play nicely together!!! System Recovery needed to be re-installed twice to get them to let each other work together! We are running a SBS 2003 main exchange server and a second file and print server with Win 2003.

Anyway, the problems was sorted a while ago and I now have an issue with the Agent for Windows Systems. It now says that it needs a licence key for the agent as it is about to expire! This was not a problem with the other installations previously and the agent worked fine.

A single copy of the Agent is supposed to be distributed free with the SBS Premium edition that we have. How on earth do I get a licence key as the licencing site says that no licence is required and I have entered the licence key I have!

What must I now do to get this sorted out?

Regards,

Rudd
1 REPLY 1

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Did you upgrade your version? or better:

before you did the whole "new installation thing", did you use a version of backup exec before 12.5?
And if so, have you ever gone to the licensing portal, and entered your upgrade notification ID?
If you did not, you propably miss some new 12.5 license keys.
In that case, call the symantec customer care center, they can re-send you the upgrade notification IDs, which enable you do the license upgrade in the licensing portal again. After that, you should be able to see all your current 12.5 license keys.