cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec job engine system service is no responding.

noidea
Level 2
Backups keep failing as the job engine service fails to start after automatic reboots (windows update) or fails to respond if running - i have tried a repair installation of symantec so far.

Windows SBS 2008 
Backup Exec 12.5 SP 2

Back exec error code: e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding

Windows Application log: 

Event id: 34113

(Server: "SERVER") (JOB: "DailyBackup") DailyBackup -- the job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding

Any ideas ?
3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I would suggest you to perform a repair install of .NET Framework OR uninstall and reinstall .NET framework.

Let me know

noidea
Level 2
 Hi, 

Thanks for your suggestion - Tried this and after a reboot the service failed to start again

I set up a new backup job (to disk folder this time) and scheduled a few minutes away and the service failed to start here aswel

Any more suggestions ?

bknysak
Level 0
I'm having what seems to be the same problem:
Server 2008 Standard, R2 with SP2
BKEXEC 12.5
x64 Dell T410

The job engine service keeps stopping on me with error e00081d9. I've tried everything I could find in the KB:
repair/reinstall .NET
verify System Writer in vassadmin
apply all BKEXEC updates/patches

I am unable to complete these updates, each time returning with an error:
Update to MS SQL Server 2005 service pack 3 (returns error 737d: unknown error)
Apply BKEXEC Service Pack 3 (error LU1812)

Suggested fixes for both of these yield nothing.

Possibly of iterest, I migrated from a 11d install on a Server 2003 machine, moving the backup jobs as suggested by an article here.

Help!