cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec job hangs at the pre-processing stage

User32k
Level 2

Hi. I've got Backup Exec  12.5 installed. I'm triing to create a backup job. Most times it hang after I click "create new job"

If I succeded in creation a job , it hangs with the status pre-processing. It is an ordinary file backup. Please share you suggestion on haw should I make it work.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Make sure that the media server is fully patched, and that these patches have been push-installed to any remote servers.

Next thing...are you using AOFO in the job? If not, turn it on. Is it going to disk, or to tape? Reason for that being if it's going to 1, try a backup to the other and see if you get the same issue.

Thanks!

EDIT:

You can also check out the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23843

User32k
Level 2

Yes, I'm using AOFO. I backup to disks. Some older jubs are running just fine, but the new one - stalls.

CraigV

...is it a lot of data, or lots of small files you're backing up? What happens if you just leave the job to run? And are the B2D files being created in the B2D itself?

User32k
Level 2

The folder is empty or contains few small files. B2D files are created. The job created manually without using policy, succeeded, but the performance was realy poor.

CraigV

Performance depends on many things (local/remote server backups; USB device vs. local storage vs. SAN/NAS/iSCSI; type of data; speed of the network etc).

If you're not backing up the local server, try selecting a couple of files on the local server for backup to the B2D and see if the job runs.

Otherwise try deleting the B2D and trying again...