cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec job in queue

chaivc
Level 3

Dear all,

I just upgraded my veritas BE 10 to 10D, I'm using Hp storage works 1x8 autoloader, I can see the medium changer, SCSI controllers and tape drive in device manager. In BE devices tab, I can see under robotic libraries, the autoloader with the name hp6, inside HP6 got HP5(tape drive) and slots, my problem is the job won't backup. I have tried to reconfigure with device wizard, check the online help, but still cannot make it work.

A bit of history, previously, with the BE 10, when I have loaded the tape, BE cannot detect the tape, unless I restart all the services, but now, restart the services no longer working for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chaivc
Level 3

hi, thanks for the suggestion. I have reverted to version 10.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

when I have loaded the tape, BE cannot detect the tape ..

For BE to detect the newly loaded tape you have to perform inventory operation on that slot.

Regarding your queued jobs, check for any alerts under alerts tab.

BE may not be finding a tape for writing the backups.

Perform inventory on all the tapes and try running the backup job after compleing inventory operation.

Note: Please ensure that removable storage service is stopped and disabled. In many cases it is creating troubles.

EDIT: Also which model is your tape device?

Check whether it is supported with BE 10d or not.

HCL can be found here: ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/281670.pdf

Regards...

chaivc
Level 3

hi, thanks for the suggestion. I have reverted to version 10.