cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec not updating SBS Console Status

scb31
Level 2

Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers SP4 on Windows Small Business Server 208 R2

Having not actually been involved in the setup of this server but just taking over the support of it, I could do with a quick bit of advice for a small niggly problem of how can I get Backup Exec to update the SBS Console which currently always displays a warning that backup is not configured. Is there a setting somewhere to tell SBS that Backup Exec is handling the backup rather than the standard server backup or has the incorrect product/version been installed?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Your first line says "Be 12.5 with sp4 on win 2008 R2"......... By this do you mean that Backup Exec is installed on Win 2008 R2..??? If this is the case then as per the Software Compatibility List, BE 12.5 is not supported in Win 2008 R2..... You will have to upgrade to BE 2010 R2. Thanks, -Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...try checking in the Action Center in Control Panel. Under Maintenance there is a section about Backups, and you can see if you can turn off notification about the backups. You select an option that basically tells Windows something else is doing the backups for you!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Your first line says "Be 12.5 with sp4 on win 2008 R2"......... By this do you mean that Backup Exec is installed on Win 2008 R2..??? If this is the case then as per the Software Compatibility List, BE 12.5 is not supported in Win 2008 R2..... You will have to upgrade to BE 2010 R2. Thanks, -Sush...

scb31
Level 2

Thanks for reply CraigV.

I have been unable to find the Action Center that you mention but by looking at the 2nd response to my query it would seem that, as I assumed, the previous support company have installed an uncompatible version of Backup Exec. As it is just really a reporting problem & nothing major I will have to get back to the client & see if they want to upgrade or just live with this message.

scb31
Level 2

THanks for response Sush...

That is exactly what I mean & you have confirmed what I originally thought might be the case - I will look into upgrade costs.

Thnx again.