cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec service stops

Josh_Felber
Not applicable
Hi

this is the message that I started getting on my Windows 2000 server & backup EXEC 10
I do not use any Remote Agent
and when I get this msg I have to restart all the services

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Service Control Manager
Event Category:None
Event ID:7031
Date:8/3/2005
Time:4:20:52 PM
User:N/A
Computer:HUDEQ
Description:
The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service is crashing due to some reason during the backup.Please check if there are any alerts during the backup and whther the backup is spanning, if so are you providing sufficient media to continue the job.
Check if the remote agent service on the backup exec server is running under the LSA account if no then change it to lsa.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.