cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Fails when Verifying Version 10.0 r5484

Alan_Common
Level 2
We have a problem from an install of veritas backup exec 10.0 V.5484. The current backup fails when verifying, if verify is turned off then we get a 100% success from the backup.

What I have done so far:
1. Installed on available patches to veritas.
2. Recreated the backup job, with the same results.
3. Restored files from the back up to a new location and then ran a dos binary file check utility on the files the result was no change in the files.
(Example files which cause verify to fails: MSGR3EN.LEX, sqlrun14.msi, SIS_db_200510052215.BAK)
4. Restored a full backup successfully with no problems.

But still I receive failure notices on the backup when verifying.

Cheers Alan
2 REPLIES 2

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
What is the exact error message that you are receiving in the job log?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Alan_Common
Level 2
I do not receive an error code, just that it has failed due to differences in files, snap shot below:

Job Completion Status
Job ended: 06 October 2005 at 01:57:07
Completed status: Failed

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Verify- C: Difference encountered in file data.
The file \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Database Replication\Conflict Viewer\wzcnf.dll is different.
Difference encountered in file data.
The file \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSO.DLL is different.
The file \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF\MSGR3EN.LEX is different.
The file \Program Files\Common Files\System\MSSearch\Bin\nlhtml.dll is different.