cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup From Remote Office

HardikPatel
Level 3

We have one head office and 4 remote office. i am looking for a backup solution using in which i can manage backup restore from single server.

i worked on netbackup for some time and it has options to create media server. i dont know about backup exec. all servers are windows server.

3 REPLIES 3

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can go for CASO... (Assuming that all the offices are connected together)

You can install Managed Media Servers at remote offices and manage from Central Administrater Server at head office.

CASO product Landing Page: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=landing&key=50621

Regards....

teiva-boy
Level 6

NetBackup can still do it, with a single master, and media servers in each location.  Though it's an expensive option.  Cut off the head (the Master), and the Media servers are useless and won't do anything (i.e. no jobs run)

At least with CASO and Backup Exec, you can manage centrally, as well as individually if needed.  Though it's no where near as robust as NBU.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the cheap way is to set up email notifications on jobs and alert categories you'd be interested in (ie. Media Intervention alert; job failed etc) on each of those servers and rely on that.

Load the BE Remote Console on your workstation and manage the servers from there. You'd have to manage them individually, but if you don't have the budget now, then this would work too.