cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Hyper-V

OneoOne
Level 2

Hi everyone

So i upgraded from BE2012 SP4 to BE2014, i leave the agents on the previous version so i don't need to restart the servers but i run into a problem.

So all the Backups are working fine expect for the Hyper-V Hosts which we are having two of them.

The problem is we can't peform a incremental backup anymore, which worked fine in BE2012 btw, so whenever a incremental backup is starting it will convert it into a fullbackup because it isn't supported?

Event: A Full backup was run on this virtual machine, since the option to fall back to a full backup was se...This failure appears on all vm's from 2008R2 to 2012/2012R2

So when i deactivate this i don't get any backups anymore, i am using the symantec incremental backups "technology".

Because the Fullbackup is ten times the size or more of a incremental backup we can't backup daily anymore because of this issue?

The Hyper-V Hosts are MS2012, the Mediaserver is an MS2008 R2 Server.

I saw i am not the only one with this problem.

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It could be because you did not upgrade the remote agents

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the error which you receive, when you run an incremental backup and when the option to fall back to a full backup is deselected ?

And do ensure the appropriate version of Hyper-V Integration Services is installed inside the VMs and these services should be running.

Lastly, did you ever change the default path of the Data/Catalogs directory from the C:\ to another volume ?