cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job missed for no apparant reason

liz_weil
Level 2
Running backup exec 10 with central admin server. Sometimes jobs show up as missed, but there's no reason for it stated in the brief job log. it just says there may have been no devices available, but when I check all the other scheduled jobs, the device is always available during the time window for the missed job. All devices and servers are online, nothing is paused or disabled. This happens with jobs scheduled to run on both the CASO server and a managed media server.

The CASO server is a new install of BE10.
Dell PowerEdge 2850
Overland Powerloader LTO2 with 2 drives
MMS-1
Upgraded to BE10
Dell PowerEdge 2650
Overland LoaderXpress LTO1
On the same LAN as CASO server
MMS-2
New install of BE10
Dell PowerEdge 2650
Dell Standalone LTO1 drive
This on is managed over the WAN
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

This may happen if there are concurrent jobs running at that time. Please ensure that the device was not occupied by another job. The schedules might be overlapping

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

liz_weil
Level 2
As I said in my original question - there were no other jobs scheduled, and the device was not in use by anything. Sometimes the job runs, sometimes is says "missed" THere is no reason for this job to be missed. it's not always the same job, and it's not always the same backup server. I want to know what can be done to fix this.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

How many jobs do you schedule and at what time? Does the problem occur on the CAS as well both the MMSs? You have mentioned that different jobs get skipped (missed)on different days. Are they all directed towards the same media set on every server? Are the jobs append jobs or overwrite jobs? How is the media set configured: the OPP and AP?
Also check for errors in the alerts tab. In case the interval between two consecutive jobs is too less, try to increase it and then try the backups.

What revision of Backup exec 10.0 are you using? In case you are not using the latest release, you can upgrade to it (release 5520) from the following link:

Title: VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 rev. 5520 for Windows Servers Installation Files
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277181

Do update the details asked above in order to better understand the issue.
Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.