cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job runs twice

Crystal_Adminis
Level 4
Our job schedule look exactly as it should (each job showing once) but each night one of our SQL Logs jobs runs twice. I don't know why. Any help?

Duane
8 REPLIES 8

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

If you check the schedule, verify if you have specified anything in the 'restart task every' window from 'restart time interval' for the job in question. If yes, deselcet that option.
Try to recreate the SQL log job and verify if the problem persists.

Do update regarding the progress of this post. If the problem persists, do write back to the forum with details. However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Crystal_Adminis
Level 4
Prihya,

There was nothing set in this section of the schedule. The strangest part is that the policy defines 3 other jobs as well and none of them have this issue. Also, we have tried recreating the job from policy.

Crystal_Adminis
Level 4
Something I just notice related to this issue. The policy that creates this job and 3 others has two templates, one for the SQL Databases, one for SQL Logs. The SQL Logs template job runs after the SQL Databases template completes successfully. We're backing up the databases on two machines, hence the four jobs. It appears that when the first database job completes, both of the logs jobs run, then when the second database completes the proper second logs job runs again. Could it maybe have something to do with the first databases job name being the same as the template name for the databases? Would this trigger the extra job?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us knowthe exact scenario:
- Each template + selection list + the device where it is backed up to.

Please provide us this information to get a better idea of your scenario.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Crystal_Adminis
Level 4
Example:

Policy:
Name: Crystal-SQL - Databases and Logs
Templates:
Names: Crystal-SQL - Databases, Crystal-SQL - Logs
Template Rules:
If Crystal-SQL - Databases successfully completes, start Crystal-SQL - Logs.

Selection Lists:
Crystal-SQL - Databases
Manufacturing

The jobs were named:
Crystal-SQL - Databases
Crystal-SQL - Logs
Manufacturing - Databases
Manufacturing - Logs

It looks like when the job Crystal-SQL - Databases successfully completes, it triggers not only Crystal-SQL - Logs, but also Manufacturing - Logs.

If you need clarification, or more information let me know.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

When a job is created from a policy. This policy may contain more than one template. During the creation of the job a policy can be combined with more than one selection list. The number of jobs that result from such a combination wii depend on the number of templates in the policy and the number of selection lists selected.

The final number of jobs will be a multiple of (no. of templates)X(No. of selection lists)

In your case since the policy :Crystal-SQL - Databases and Logs contains two templates: 1. Crystal-SQL - Databases and 2. Crystal-SQL - Logs
and the selection lists are :1. Crystal-SQL - Databases and
2. Manufacturing
The number of jobs created are 2X2= 4.

For further explanation on policies and templates please refer to the admin guide:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269777

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Crystal_Adminis
Level 4
I don't think you are understanding the situation, yes I know there are supposed to be 4 jobs, and my schedule shows 4 jobs, then 1 extra job runs (I don't know why, that's why I posted) for a grand total of 5 jobs, and 2x2 does not equal 5, so where is the other job coming from? I've opened a DirectAssist case for this issue and I have been told that this is an issue related to the build of BE10 we're running. I will know whether the upgrade fixes the problem not too long from now. You may move this question to the answered pool.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for the update. Request you to revert with the results of the upgrade. Will move the thread to answered pool. Thanks for the update.

Regards,