cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Jobs disappear from Job Monitor

Brunzwick
Not applicable
I am running 11d on 13 servers with all hotfixes installed. The main backup server is a Central Admin Server and other servers are managed. All jobs are created via policy on the Central Server. About once a week, one of the jobs for one of my managed servers will disappear from the Job Monitor. Attempting to delete the job via policy and recreate it gives the error: "The jobs cannot be deleted because one or more of the selected policies and backup selection lists have associated jobs that are currently running. Wait for the jobs to complete or cancel the jobs, and then try deleting them." The job does not run and since it does not appear in the Job Monitor, I cannot stop it in order to delete it.

The only work around I have found is to demote the remote server to a stand alone server, restart all BE services on the central server, delete the offending job via the policy, then perform a reinstall of 11d on the remote server and make it managed again.

I noticed another post by someone with the same issue and they were told to remove the job by editing the BE database. This is not a solution! Reinstalling remote servers once a week is not a solution! Our backups are critical as we are trying to become S-Ox compliant and failed backups are a big no-no. I am catching serious heat for the backups failing like this and my job is on the line.

Does anyone have a solution or do I need to look for a new job?
1 REPLY 1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Brunzwick,

Couple questions for you before I give any suggestions on this.

1. Which revision of 11d are you running 6235 or 7170?  You can check this from Help - About

2.  Are you running SSO as well as CAS?

3. When you delete the offending job via the policy, are you just deleting jobs associated with the policy or the entire policy?

Regards,