cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Missed

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Last week my backups ran, albeit with the usual multitude of issues that this product seems to give everyone. This week they report "Backup Missed", there is no definitive explanation as to why they were missed.

The inventory runs as per normal so the media server knows what tapes are available, the tapes were "overwritable" and the backup was set to overwrite.

The time window has not changed from when it worked.

When I used the context menu and chose "run now" it ran.
9 REPLIES 9

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
There is a bug where if you make a schedule change (or even just view it) and then hit submit the next scheduled start is incremented by 24 hours. The only fix is to change it to run once, then reenter the schedule (yeah, reenter it).

The backup is in the schedule and appears correct everywhere except in the job list tab under job monitor. It just doesn't run.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
The schedule was ok, I did not resubmit the backup. The backup status was reported as missed, if the schedule was incremented by 24 hours there would have been no status returned.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Could you exactly tell us how did you configure and schedule the backups?

-- What time did you mention in the Time window of the scheduler?

Thank You,

Shweta

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
I used the provided policy template daily/weekly/monthly. The time window is 11.30 pm to 1.00 am the following day.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
What is the point of answering questions from symantec staff if they don't follow up after getting the answers?

I my help desk staff were this tardy I would put a rocket up their &^%oMessage was edited by:
Philip Pearson

T_K
Level 4
I have a similar if not the same issue. This happens with my backup-to-disk jobs.

The job status is missed, and the error is "e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed."

The only thing that I can think of that changed was the account that is used to do the mailbox backups. (permissions issue). Each time I log into the BEWS, and check a job, I have to enter in the credentials of this account.

Any ideas? Even the jobs that is set to "overwrite" are missed.
In Job Summary Information, the original start time is 1hr later than the "job started" time.

There's a hotfix here but am wary as it doesn't really have a clear description: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287164.htmnull

Jorgen_Persson
Level 4
Have you tried HF16, it is supposed to fixe scheduling errors

Message was edited by:
Jorgen PerssonMessage was edited by:
Jorgen Persson

T_K
Level 4
now that you mention DST, my problems started on Monday.

I didn't run the HF 16, but weird thing is, I have backups that backup to a tape that worked fine last night. Just the disk one puked.
I'm fooling around with the time window

T_K
Level 4
OK, HF 16 worked great for me. After the installation, which didn't need a reboot, the original start time changed to be the same as the job start time.