cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Netware server from Windows server

Aaron_Doty
Level 3
I have one Netware server locally. It has Backup Exec for Netware 9.1 installed. It has a Sony autoloader tape drive. It is a media server and it does a full backup nightly.

I have one Windows server in a remote secure location. It has Backup Exec for Windows 10.0. It also have a Remote Agent for Netware license. I want to backup the Netware server as well. This is so I have two backups one locally and one remotely.

When I try to install the remote agent to the Netware server from the Windows server I receive a message...

"The Remote Agent for Netware Servers cannot be installed to an existing Backup Exec media server."

I have had this working before we had a disaster recovery situation but I can't seem to get it setup again.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems you are trying to install the remote agent for Netware on a server that already has the Backup exec for Netware installed. This is not possible as the server already has Backup exec for NW installed on it. However, if you still wish to install the agent, you can stop the BENW services and then try installing the remote agent. However this too wont be recommended, as the two cannot co-exist.

Hope this helps. In case of more queries on this, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Aaron_Doty
Level 3
So is there no way to backup one Netware server to two locations?

What if I remove Backup Exec from the Netware server and only have the Remote Agent for Netware installed and then backup remotely from two different Backup Exec for Windows locations?

Thanks.