cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Still running

Maryanna_Jordan
Level 3
Any time we do a restore, that night the backup never stops running. We will come in the next morning and the tape will still be running, generally all we have to do is open the program and it will then allow us to remove the tape. We have had scattered days where we will come in and the backup is still running and the only connection with all of the occurrences is that we have done a restore from tape that day. I am not sure what to do to resolve this.
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
This is a known problem.

A hot fix has been provided, and was rolled into SP1.

All of the Service packs include the fix now. SP3 is at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278302.htm

Maryanna_Jordan
Level 3
Do you know where I can find detailed release noted for Service Pack 3? My supervisor wants all the information before we move ahead with the fix and I can not seem to find it in the support site.

Sorry about the known issue post, I found the patch about an hour after I posted to the discussion board.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

In the same technote provided you will see a detailed list.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278302

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Maryanna_Jordan
Level 3
I am looking for document for SP3 similar to document id #258104. Something that shows everything that addressed in the service pack.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but at the bottom of each ServicePack download page is a list of fixes included in the SP

Here is the one from SP3

Supplemental Material:

System: Ref.# Description
ETrack: 83937 Job created in BEMCMD to backup Shadow Copy Components fails with error a000fed3
ETrack: 84915 BE UI incorrectly displays overwrite protection infinite when media has no append time available
ETrack: 41041 RAWS push install is not working properly
ETrack: 74645 Append jobs fail on IBM 3590E11 (and 3592)
ETrack: 70654 Beremote Dr. Watson with IDR enabled during backups (changes from HF6)
ETrack: 85606 SBS LEO serial number does not allow use of the 2nd drive in a robotic Library
ETrack: 103620 Cannot install the Advanced Open File Option after applying Backup Exec 9.1 4691 Hotfix 6
ETrack: 87232 The UNC path "\\?\s:\directory\sysvol\* /s" is not being handled correctly File(s):
ETrack: 103377 Catalog errors (Event ID 34322) occurring every 6 hours w/ no apparent cause
ETrack: 74122 ''Unable to attach'' error and ''Parameter is incorrect'' in Remote Debug
ETrack: 87097 IDR: Backup of System State modifies the Services file when IDR is enabled
ETrack: 85871 IDR: Cannot logon to the server after it was recovered by local IDR
ETrack: 107488 Local IDR Bootable Tape Drive recovery fails to restore Sysvol directory
ETrack: 86568 IDR: Application error on BEDRWIZ
ETrack: 104544 User-defined Service startup type not restored after local IDR
ETrack: 86933 Job Log doesn't open up as HTML document after backing up NetWare
ETrack: 107492 Device reservation conflict occuring in SSO, Large library mulitple drive configuration
ETrack: 110759 Catalog errors occur every 6 hours w/ no apparent cause and fill Alert History & ExecView with alerts
ETrack: 34322 Access to catalog file C\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs\{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}.U01 failed. Reason: Not enough storage is available to process this command
ETrack: 24981 Canceling a Remote Agent for Windows job from Backup Exec for NetWare fails and the job hangs
ETrack: 105698 BEWS:REST: After a restore job, the first backup job will hang until job engine is cycled
ETrack: 86205 ADAMM - Unsafe device removal tape device renames not detected
ETrack: 110799 ADAMM retry issues in Unload and Reserve for Semaphore Timeout
ETrack: 126211 BEWS-DLO Hotfix rollup defect - references several defects in dlo_escalations
ETrack: 110088 SSO. Secondary bengine ODBC/RPC connections to Master BEDB using up all available SQL server connections
ETrack: 129327 REMOTE IDR: IDR will restore the remote system state to the local box
ETrack: 209575 ''No restore devices were found'' is reported during IDR process when tape drive has lengthy registry value
ETrack: 212956 IIO: Error restore data to file "\\?\E:\SHAPE FILE MOVED FROM I\FINAL_PSOC.SHP"
ETrack: 213589 DLO: Placeholder defect for fixed defects in latest DLO Hotfix candidate
ETrack: 110435 IDR: Backups with IDR enabled causes Remote Agent to stop
ETrack: 69521 MBOX: REST: Dr. Watson Restoring Mailboxes
ETrack: 108021 MBX2K3;CLUSTER :Mailbox backups are hanging
ETrack: 74379 Unable to recreate user/mailbox on Exchange 2K3 server
ETrack: 103461 EXCH: Japanese characters in the mail body are corrupted after mailbox restore
ETrack: 231210 Backups with IDR enabled causes Remote Agent to stop even after applying hotfix 32
ETrack: 110759 NOTIF: Catalog errors occur every 6 hours w/ no apparent cause and fill Alert History & EV
ETrack: 232812 beremote/bengine got Dr.Watson at next backup set during backup job kicked by bemcmd
ETrack: 268457 VxUPD: After applying SP2 for Windows XP, all hotfixes after BE SP1 show as not installed
ETrack: 274163 BLKG: Install: Licensed SC becomes Eval when BE 9.1 uninstalled
ETrack: 275738 BEWS: Buffer overflow creates a security hole in Agent Browser
ETrack: 269842 DLO AGNT CUST: Need method to lock DLO onto a single login account using registry, security concerns
ETrack: 265701 BEWS: Restore selections does not contain information from backup, after backup completes
ETrack: 224789 DLOScanToolu.exe "caught exception" error when run
ETrack: 284109 DLO CONS: Profile includes being truncated before applied to agent
ETrack: 265057 Backup job of DLOAgent hung with status of transferring
ETrack: 220414 BEWS: Possible memory leak in VSSAPI when backing up shadow copy components
ETrack: 73477 Mailbox backups hang on last user
ETrack: 212882 Mailbox backup of Exchange 2003 mailboxes hangs on first mailbox
ETrack: 261652 Mailbox backups hanging on Clustered Exchange Server
ETrack: 289521 Restore of mail msg with attachment fails with 0xa000fefb "Unable to restore the attachment data..."
ETrack: 309163 Restore of mail msg with attachment fails with 0xa000fefb "Unable to restore the attachment data..."
ETrack: 316990 Storex and UI buffer overrun situations encountered when entering server and credentials
ETrack: 320362 buffer overrun situation Unauthenticated Remote Stack Overflow
ETrack: 320652 Veritas Backup Exec Server Remote Registry Access Vulnerability
ETrack: 321381 VERITAS Backup Exec Agent CONNECT_CLIENT_AUTH Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability - iDEFENSE Security Advisory
ETrack: 321382 iDEFENSE Security Advisory VERITAS Backup Exec Agent Error Status Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
ETrack: 322824 Duplicate Handle Access Security Vulnerability in RAWS
ETrack: 333377 Recovering win2k3 sp1 system with IDR results in loss of entire system
ETrack: 371036 SNMP traps for Media Insert alert are not sent

Maryanna_Jordan
Level 3
Looks like that is it, sorry for the confusion. About the only consolation that I have is that my supervisor looked through all of it and also did not see it.

Thanks All

Rudolf_Amarlapu
Level 4
I had the same problem on multiple servers and implemented this SP3 patch. The problem has been successfully resolved in all cases so far.