cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup a Pegasus R6 RAID attached to Mac Mini

nathangjones
Level 3

Hi.

I have a windows server with Backup Exec and a Tape drive.  I will be upgrading this to Backup Exec 2012 and an LTO5 drive.

On the network is MAC Mini running OS X.  Connected to this Mac Mini via thunderbolt is a Promise Pegasus R6 12TB RAID box.  Windows users on the network can access the data on this Pegasus box. 

Does anyone know if its possible to backup this data to tape to the LTO5 drive.

I understand to backup a MAC requires the mac agent to be installed - but will this then allow me to backup data on the Pegasus?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

With the Mad agent installed, as long as the Thunderbolt's drives are seen as local on the Mac Mini, there is no reason for BE not to backup the data on them.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

With the Mad agent installed, as long as the Thunderbolt's drives are seen as local on the Mac Mini, there is no reason for BE not to backup the data on them.

Thanks!

nathangjones
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.   Think I will get the trial copy of Backup Exec 2012 and test this procedure you mention.  Ive never been a MAC user so know very little regarding the Mac Mini, but I can now confim the drive is seen as local as you say.

cheers