cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup completes successful 4 days but takes longer 1st day

Dave_Hanson
Level 2
I have the same daily backup job Monday through Thursday nights completing successfully. The jobs Tues-Thurs start at 11 and complete in an hour and a half at 12:30 at night Tues-Thurs. For some reason on Monday the Job completion Status ends at 4:00AM every Monday making the job last 5 hours. The job monitor registers just under 5 hours. Mondays last job ends at 12:30 but does not complete until 4:00AM.Why does Monday take so long to end.Message was edited by:
Dave Hanson
4 REPLIES 4

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
I would like to know certain things:
1) Is this a remote server backup?
2) What are you trying to backup, Databases?
3) Are you sure there is no database maintainance time of that server interfering with backupexec operation.
4) Also make sure Backupexec database maintainance time which is byefault set at 4:00am can be chaged though does not interfer too.

Advise:
Create a new backup job for monday (new selection list) and run the job and observe the reuslt. Make sure you "START" the SGMON utility so that we can trace what caused the delay.

Dave_Hanson
Level 2
This is a remote server. I am backing up several servers including exchange and SQL. Database maintainance goes off Sunday, not Monday night. The Backupexec time does not interfere since the job is done before that time. Thanks

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Is your selection list the same for all days?
- Is there any difference between backups of tues-thu and monday?
- Also as mentioned please start the SGmon utility and copy the debug log.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.