cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12.5 not showing mailboxes when trying restore

Microsoftisthed
Level 2

When I hit the drop down on my mail store I no longer see the mailboxes. At one time this did work but now they are not showing up. I have installed service pack 3 and tryed some of the tips from Symantec connect but can still not get them to show up. HELP!

5 REPLIES 5

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You will not be see the mailboxes in backup and will only see in the restore if grt is selected and exchange is later then 2007.

Make sure your GRT option is selected. If it is selected then check below things

Make sure the account first five character should be unique. If you are using a account with name "admin" then there should not be any account starting with "admin"(first five chracter) like administrator or admin1.

Account should be unhidden from GAL.

Should have active mailbox.

Should be domain admin

Should have full rights on exchange

If you are exchange later then 2007 then make sure you have the exchange management tool installed on BE server with the same service pack and roll up that is installed on exchange server.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is the "Use GRT" option still enabled on your job setup?

Microsoftisthed
Level 2

Yes it is still enabled. I have a deticated account with full rights to exchange, it worked fine untill about two weeks ago. The only thing that has changed is I have replaced our primary domain controler with server 2008 r2. Our backup server has not changed and is still running 2003.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Hmm

Was any service applied, either Microsoft or Symantec, about the time the job started failing?

Microsoftisthed
Level 2

The only thing was MS updates.

The job still completes with no errors just when I go to restore the mail boxes dont show up in the mail store.