cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12 and Solaris 10?

kha
Level 4
Do we have backup exec 12 agent for Solaris 10? If so, where can i download it, how much does it cost?
The Symantec home page is so hard to nagivate and to find the information.
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
In the Backup Exec fact sheat is a Backup Exec Agent for unix/linux listed
See: http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/fact_sheets/b-backup_exec_2010_DS_20962742.en-us.pdf 

You can contact your reseller about pricing about it.

View solution in original post

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

Solaris 10 is supported by Backup Exec 12, but as the previous poster mention, you will need to talk with your reseller about pricing.  Or you can contact sales or customer service to purchase it yourself.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I think so. But downloading the file does not mean that you have a license for it.

You can always try-out the licenses for 60 days. 

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
In the Backup Exec fact sheat is a Backup Exec Agent for unix/linux listed
See: http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/fact_sheets/b-backup_exec_2010_DS_20962742.en-us.pdf 

You can contact your reseller about pricing about it.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

Solaris 10 is supported by Backup Exec 12, but as the previous poster mention, you will need to talk with your reseller about pricing.  Or you can contact sales or customer service to purchase it yourself.

kha
Level 4
Thanks ZeRo and Ben!

Another question, if I need to download the remote agent for my Solaris server, is that right I should download the remote agent for Linux_Unix? The file name that I am seeing this available for me to download: BEWS_12.5.2213_LINUX-UNIX-MAC-SAP_AGENTS.tar.gz

Is that the right one i should download for my Solaris 10 server?  Is it matter Sparc or Intel?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I think so. But downloading the file does not mean that you have a license for it.

You can always try-out the licenses for 60 days.