cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up IOMEGA StorCenter Pro NAS ix4-200r with UPS

neildt
Level 2
Hi

I'm using Backup EXEC 10.1d on Windows 2003 SBS server.   Basically we are able to backup our Windows servers fine using Remote Agent.

We recently purchased a IOMEGA StorCenter Pro NAS ix4-200r which runs on a version of linux/unix.  However, it would appear I can't install the Remote Agent on this server.  I managed to enable user-shares within Backup EXEC so that I can now select the NAS server and shared directories to backup fine.  I can also run a backup job successfully backup the NAS server - however on completion of the backup job I get the message alert of "Could not completely protect remote computers because the Backup Exec Remote Agent was not installed."  

In addition, I managed to restore the data which I backed up on the IOMEGA StorCenter Pro NAS ix4-200r and opened some sample files to ensure the restore was successful.  My question is - should I be getting this alert message and should I be concerned that my backup integrity might be affected because of this message ?

Cheers
Neil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
with v10d, if you cannot install a RAWS, all you can do is create a UserDefinedShare for the remote machine.  And there is no way to get rid of that message

See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311929.htm

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
with v10d, if you cannot install a RAWS, all you can do is create a UserDefinedShare for the remote machine.  And there is no way to get rid of that message

See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311929.htm

neildt
Level 2
Thanks for your response.

I believe that using the User Defined Share is my only option, since the remote operating system is a variant of linux and NOT windows and I can't install the remote agent.  Therefore, can I assume that my data will be correctly backed up, without any loses ?