cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec : Sauvegarde sur deux bandes

waaalex
Level 3

Bonjour,

J'ai un souci depuis quelques temps avec backup exec 2010 R3.

Depuis une semaine, les sauvegardes se font sur 2 bandes au lieu d'une.

C'est du LTO5 et la sauvegarde a dépassé 3,15To

Maintenant la sauvegarde ne doit faire que 2,7To mais on demande encore deux bandes.

La compression est bien sur active.

J'ai recréé un job mais le souci persiste.

Pouvez vous m'aider?

cordialement,

alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This means that your data is close to the capacity of the tape. When someone add/remove some data, the next tape will be needed or not. Just plan on using two tapes.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you cleaned your tape drive and try using new tapes? If yes and it is still the same, then it is due to your data. To test whether you compression is working correctly, create a small directory and put in a couple of text files. If your backup of this test directory gives a good compression ratio then you compression is working correctly and there is nothing that you can do to improve your situation

waaalex
Level 3

Hello and thank you for your answer.

I will test that tomorrow and let you know tests result.

Thank you

waaalex
Level 3

Re.

I've tested a new job with software compression this time and it seems to doesn't compress anymore. In job log , i can't see if compression is enable.

When i see my support, it says that compress is 1:1.

In my devices, compression is checked.

Drive is clean and tapes are new.

Thank you for help, i don't understand what happens.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you use software compression, you will get a compression ratio of 1:1 because the data are already compressed when they are written to tape.

waaalex
Level 3

No it doesn't work.

I've 2,73 To to save on LTO5 and i need two tape. previous week i needed only one tape.

Compression setting is hardware, and software if not able to compress with hardware.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This means that your data is close to the capacity of the tape. When someone add/remove some data, the next tape will be needed or not. Just plan on using two tapes.

waaalex
Level 3

Ok thanks i will use 2 tapes.