cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec causes potential Memory leak?

Richard_Lian
Level 2
I currently have a problem where one of my main DC's is running out of Non paged pool memory. I suspect that this is something to do with backup exec as it seems to occur a few hours after a backup has taken place. This is causing me big problems as it stops the network from operating correctly as everything comes up with the error message 'not enough free memory or storage to complete the request'. The server event log has the following message logged 'Server was unable to allocate from the system non paged pool because the pool was empty'.It seems to be a possible memory leak. I am using backup exec 9.1. Does anyone have any ideas on this issue? Also the sqlservr.exe process is currently running at 70,000k and slowly increasing. I think this is related too. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

What is the OS on the server? Is it windows 2003?

Are you backing up exchange database as well? Is the backup successful?

Have you applied SP4a? Are you also using AOFO?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Richard_Lian
Level 2
Yes iam using Windows Server 2003. Have just upgraded to SP4a on BE this week to see if it helps. Also yes I am using AOFO. No iam not backing up exchange.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Are you by chance running McAfee antivirus on the server in question?

Richard_Lian
Level 2
No we use Sophos anti-virus.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Are the backups sucessful?

- Did you try the backups without the antivirus running?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.