cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec cluster MMS configuration

Mallikarjun1
Level 2

Hi All,

I have installed backup CAS and has seperate 2 nodes. I have configured backup exec on cluster for both nodes but install options and license on this backup exec server is hidden now.

Please help me if there is way to configure as MMS servers for this clustered servers.

Backup exec version: BE 2014 SP2

Regards,

Mallikarjun

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I don't think you would add in the physical nodes. Have you tried to add the virtual node (ie. cluster name) on the CASO server?

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Recommended practice is do not cluster your MBE (MMS) server but instead use 2 MBE servers and let the CAS server manage load balancing and/or failover by being able to send jobs to either MBE.

If you are talking about clustering the CAS - it is also generally suggested that is is  better to know how to make an MMS stand alone for emergency operation than to cluster it (and use the correct catalog location mode)

Reason for this is there are situations you can run into (uprades, patches etc) where you might have have to uncluster the CAS to apply updates and this would also require making all MBE stand alone which woud mean a nightmare of manual tasks to perform just to maintain your systems with latest updates.