Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec job on 2 tape slots in one partition

justinn91
Level 3
well first hello for everybody
its my first discussion for me here in this forum
so i hope it would help me as i expect
i want to schedule a backup job weekly so that on the first week it will write on one slot tape of the partition and then close this tape prevent writing on it again
on the next week it will write to the next slot tape in the same partition and close it also and prevent writing on it again
then exchange those two slots with two new ones and so on
but actually im failing to schedule the job like that im confused in PARTITIONING and OVERRIGHT PROTECTION and APPEND PERIOD
so could anybody please give me a detailed steps to how to reach my goal to schedule the job as i want
Thanks in advance for everyone who will share with me this question
1 REPLY 1

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi
Please create a media set, by going to media tab. Set Overwrite protection period to "n-1', where n is the number of days, after which you would like to bring the same tape back and overwrite it. So, if you want to bring back the tape of first week on 3rd week, set Overwrite protection period to 13. Also, from your description, i can see that you dont want to run an append job, so set append period to zero. Then create a backup job and submit it to the library, by selecting library in devices tab and the media set created above in the media tab.. I do not see a requirement of partition in your case. As, when you submit the job to the library, it will protect the tape anyways, so you dont need separate partitioning.

Mark it a solution if this helps.