cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup fails due to disk needs cleaning error even though the drive is clean

Joe_Taylor
Level 2
Whenever i run a full backup the drive shows a critical error message that it needs cleaning causing the backup to fail. The drive has been cleaned by multiple cleaning tapes to rule out the possibility of a defect cleaning tape. The tape drive has had diagnostics run on it to check that it is ok, which it is. The backups will run on the windows backup and small backups will run on backup exec, although it still says the tape drive needs cleaning. I have tried running smaller, test, backups and these do run although it still says that the tape drive needs cleaning at the end. However when i click ok the backup completed. I have also completed a slightly larger backup than the test, a few gig, with no problems. I was wondering if the failiure of the full backup hads anything to do with the lack of space on my c: drive. It is a raid 5 array partitioned into two logical drives. C and D, there is only 500mb of free space on the c drive but over 30 gig left on the d. the pagefile is split between these drives. I am runnning backup exec 10d on windows 200 sp 4. Any help would be much appreciated as the backups have not run properly for a while and are getting critical. Thankyou in advance, Joe

Message Edited by Joe Taylor on 04-23-200703:40 AM

0 REPLIES 0