cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup fails due to missing folders

Jack_Bebbington
Level 2
We are running Back Exec 9.1. A nightly backup job reports as "failed" because two shared folders on a remote server which have been deleted are still showing up under "Resource Order" and "Resource credentials". The two folders are not visible under "Selections". I see no way to delete the references to these shared folders under "Resource Order" and "Resource credentials. The two folders are "\SAV client installer" and "\CLT-INST".

Can someone tell me how to delete these references from the job so my job does not "fail"?

Thanks for any help.
2 REPLIES 2

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
In the selections list switch over to the Text view instead of the graphical view, and you'll see a list of the select items that Backup Exec will try to backup, which should include those two folders which you want to remove.

Simply select those two folders and delete them from the text list.

The text list shows an accurate list of what backup exec will actually try to backup, unlike the graphical view which will only show those items which are currently available.

Jack_Bebbington
Level 2
Thanks a million for the prompt answer. I never even noticed there was a text view available. You solved my problem.