cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup for Lotus Notes takes about 15 hours

yogibearnz
Level 3
Hi,

We have Symantec Backup Exec 10d with SP3 and Lotus Notes 7.0. When running backup for Lotus Notes using the Lotus Notes agent it takes 15 hours to backup 510GB. Would appreciate if someone who has a similar problem or issues which may have been fixed previously.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Armin_Hennecke
Level 4
This speed sounds normally for me. Our transfer-rate is around 500 MB/min.
Compare it to the backup-speed of "normal" file-backups. Are these backups faster than Notes-backups?

Armin

yogibearnz
Level 3
The Normal backup speed we have is around 792.00 MB/Min for normal backups with Open file Agent. 469.0 MB/min is what we get for Lotus Notes agent backup.
The backup we are perfroming and having issues is with is B2D - Backup to disk is very slow. Once its completed the Backup to Disk. That backup to tape is fast, which is expected.

Spencer_Browne
Level 3
You may have already done this, but I didn't realize that I was backing up my Lotus Notes databases twice when I first started using BE.  When backing up the drive that holds your Lotus Notes databases, you should exclude *.nsf \subdir.  Then make sure that your databases are selected in the Lotus Domino Databases section.

In my case the drive that holds my Lotus Notes databases is backed up at 458 MB/Min (3.4GB not including any databases) and the Lotus Domino Databases is backed up at 1,187 MB/Min (29.8GB only databases).

Hope this helps.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If B2D is very slow, check fragmentation on the disk that the folder resides on

V9.0 and early v9.1 builds would fragment a B2D drive in a heartbeat, and fragmentation will simply KILL throughput