cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup jobs disappeared from Job Monitor

Kevin_Kosse
Level 3
This morning all backup jobs just disappeared from job monitor (I clicked refresh and instead they all went away). They are also missing from the Job Setup screen.

I would rather NOT recreate them scratch as it is a rather detailed schema.

I have multiple good backups available for restore purposes ... but which folder(s) should I restore to get my jobs back?

Alternatively, what is the best way to get them back?

Thanks

Kevin
4 REPLIES 4

Kevin_Kosse
Level 3
Additional Information:

My media sets have disppeared too. Guidance would be appreciated!

Kevin_Kosse
Level 3
I followed the instructions I found here to restore the bedb from a bak that was on tape.

Media sets reappeared.
BE is now aware of the backup jobs and wants to run them .... but they do not appear in the Job Monitor (it is blank).

How can I get to the point of seeing the jobs again?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If the jobs appear in the Jobs Tab, but not the Job Monitor, try setting a new schedule

On the Jobs Tab, right click a job\ScheduleMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Kevin_Kosse
Level 3
They disappeared from the Jobs List tab, the Job Monitor tab, etc. etc. When I restored from an older bak they were hidden from site in both the List and the Monitor.

I am still interested in alternative, more successful methods of restoring the jobs from the *.bak file and having them appear in the Jobs listings (I tried that per the tech notes and that was when they ran but could not be seen/edited).

Also, is there a way to force a backup of the database to disk for ease of restoration?