Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup jobs stopped running

tricky
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks to anyone who can help.

After rebooting our SBS2003 the Backup Exec job service didn't start and our two backup jobs failed as a result (Backup Exec 12.5).

When I found out the next day I started the service manually but the scheduled jobs failed to run the next evening.

Stopped all services and started them again via Backup Exec but still the jobs failed to run - not even any entries.

Created two new backup jobs which also will not run (all jobs scheduled for every weekday of all weeks in a month).

No entries created in logs for any jobs. It's as if Backup Exec has just gone to sleep!

Status line says 4 jobs on hold  but I cannot find out how to get them off 'hold'.

Even though nothing was indicated as being paused, I have paused and unpaused server/devices - still no joy.

Did a 'run now' on one of the new jobs and it did run but why won't scheduled jobs kick in?

Any suggestions welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tricky
Level 2

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. I won't go into how and why it happened because its a rather long tale and it is not really relevant to this thread, but it seems as if the problem was caused by one of the services using the wrong logon password. If anyone else meets this thread use BE to reset all BE services to logon with the correct password - it might solve your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that the BEDB is corrupt.  Go to the BE installation directory and use BEUtils to check the consistency of the database and if necessary to repair it.  The manual for BEUtils is in the same direstory.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

re: Status line says 4 jobs on hold  but I cannot find out how to get them off 'hold'.

Right click on the job and uncheck "hold schedule"

tricky
Level 2

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. I won't go into how and why it happened because its a rather long tale and it is not really relevant to this thread, but it seems as if the problem was caused by one of the services using the wrong logon password. If anyone else meets this thread use BE to reset all BE services to logon with the correct password - it might solve your problem.

tricky
Level 2

Thanks pkh but the db checked out OK and was not corrupt.

tricky
Level 2

Thanks Larry,

This was something I already considered but from memory hold schedule was not an available option.

Real cause of the problem is now established (see remainder of thread).