cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of CPS data fails

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Can someone please explain to me how to backup the CPS databases and protected business server files on the CPS server without errors? I am using the AOFA which is set for automatic, the CPS server currently is the BackupExec 11d media server. Every backup I run which includes these files gives the following error:

Job ended: Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 8:28:16 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fec2 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Backup- C: WINDOWSV-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
V-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Cont?Prot?Srv?SysStateSysInfo". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65218

The CPS job's are stopped and always are during the backup process although the CPS services are still running, obviously.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Try it with AOFO turned off, that might narrow it down.

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Made no difference. Just got done running the same job without AOFO enabled and this is the error returned in the job log:

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Cont?Prot?Srv?Device". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Cont?Prot?Srv?ShdCpySysInfo". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Cont?Prot?Srv?SysStateSysInfo". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Check out this thread on v10

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=47744&start=0&tstart=0

page 2 mainly

Ignore the contributions from Veritas staff, they are typically useless

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
I will give a try to the suggestions listed in that thread and post back with my results.

Thanks

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Removing the AOFO from the backup job results in the following error:

Backup- C: WINDOWSV-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.

and it basically fails right about the time it would start backing up the CPS databases. I uninstalled AOFO, restarted and tried the backup job again and thats the error I get. So I reinstalled AOFO, restarted, renabled the option for the job and ran it and the below error message is what Im getting in the job log now.

Job ended: Monday, January 15, 2007 at 2:01:05 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000332 - File(s) are currently being backed up to the CPS Protection Server and cannot be backed up by Backup Exec. Adjust the schedules for the CPS and Backup Exec jobs that back up these file(s) to avoid running them simultaneously, and then try running the Backup Exec job again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-818

The problem is though, the CPS job is NOT running and has not been for over six hours. The status of the job is stopped.

This isnt making any sense.

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
the fact I was getting an error even after unselecting the CPS stuff is because there was entries pointing to this under the Selection Details List. That was oversight on my part, but still does not resolve the problem with getting errors while trying to backup the CPS Databases and Business Server's even though all CPS jobs are stopped.