11-08-2012 11:13 AM
I'm running BE 12.0 and was able to manually backup the BEDB_DAT.MDF via the following two methods:
1) Open CMD prompt
2) Type: OSQL -L (enter) This will provide a list of SQL instances
3) Type: OSQL -S [instancename] -E -n -Q "BACKUP DATABASE bedb TO DISK = 'c:\symantec\bedb_backup.dat' WITH INIT, SKIP"
1. Launch BEUtility at C:\program files\symantec\backup exec\beutility.exe
2. Click "All Media Servers" and locate the media server in question
3. Single-click the media server, in the right pane
4. In the left pane, scroll down to "Database Tasks"
5. Click "Check Database Consistency", then "Compact Database", then "Dump Database"
6. In the same folder as BackupExec's bedb.mdf, you should find the BEDB.BAK
11-08-2012 12:32 PM
Not sure what the question is here, but BE automatically backs up the BEDB to bedb.bak at 4am every morning.
No need to do either unless you really want too/have too...
11-08-2012 01:27 PM
As per Craig V
Except you can change the 4:00am time so a goodpractice is to combine whatever time teh DB maintenance occurs to be followed by a backup job to protect the resulting BAK file and your catalogs folder.