cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup ranges of filenames

David_Hoch
Level 3
Partner
I need to back up a folder of files that is far larger than the capacity of the tape media that I'm using. Is there a way to backup ranges of filenames, for example A*.* - H*.*, without checking specific file names.

If I just create a job with the specific filenames checked and someone adds a new file, that new file would not get backed up unless the backup job is modified, which is not something I want to do.

Alternatively, is there another way that this can be handled?

Thanks,
David
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You can use wildcard characters in order to acquire the desired result. Refer to the following technote which descibes the procedure for the same:

Title: How to include or exclude a certain folder for all users using the wildcard characters (**) in Backup Exec 9.x or 10.0
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277073

Hope this helps. In case of further doubts, do write back to the forum. However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Someone else was fighting the same kind of thing just a little while ago.

I think that using Advanced File Selection and specifiying

Include
Path = Drive\Dir\Dir\
File = A*.*

should do it (one line for each letter of course)

You could scan or search the forum, the fellow did post a solution

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

we want to know if the solution provided has helped you in getting resolve this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.