cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to NAS box (using backup exec)........!

_Shk_
Level 4

Hi,

My question is Currently I'm taking backup in tape drive but simultaneoutly i need to take the backup in NAS box,

For your ref please find attched architecture file. Please help me with the issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I do not see the HP 1440 listed on the BE 2014 HCL.  But the disk section doesn't require your disk to be listed to be supported.

Run the B2Dtest tool to confirm it will work, then configure your backup jobs to use it.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH214803/be_2014_hcl.html#disk_targets

You might not want to backup to disk simultaneously as your backup to tape, but you can certainly do it seqnentially or do a duplicate job that copies the backup from disk to tape or vice versa.

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

That NAS is capable of iSCSI...so carve out the iSCSI LUNs, configure the initiator on your BE media server, and present them to the media server. Then create your B2D folder and start your backups.

I did this using Iomega NAS arrays. Worked very well, and it got around a lot of authentication issues normally experienced when trying to access a NAS via CIFS or share.

We use the StoreEasy with iSCSI for another backup application with a couple of clients and they work really well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I do not see the HP 1440 listed on the BE 2014 HCL.  But the disk section doesn't require your disk to be listed to be supported.

Run the B2Dtest tool to confirm it will work, then configure your backup jobs to use it.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH214803/be_2014_hcl.html#disk_targets

You might not want to backup to disk simultaneously as your backup to tape, but you can certainly do it seqnentially or do a duplicate job that copies the backup from disk to tape or vice versa.

CraigV

Hi,

That NAS is capable of iSCSI...so carve out the iSCSI LUNs, configure the initiator on your BE media server, and present them to the media server. Then create your B2D folder and start your backups.

I did this using Iomega NAS arrays. Worked very well, and it got around a lot of authentication issues normally experienced when trying to access a NAS via CIFS or share.

We use the StoreEasy with iSCSI for another backup application with a couple of clients and they work really well.

Thanks!

_Shk_
Level 4

Thank you all for your kind support.

CraigV

Glad to have helped!