cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to disk failure

fultonm
Not applicable
We recently upgraded to 10.0 from 9.1. For some reason our backup to disk is failing. When I do a test run it tells me Capacity Check Failed. The data being backed up is just under 15 gig and the drive space available is a little over 400 gig. The folder is set to 5 Gig files, 100 Files max 0 Gig reserved. I am not sure what is wrong.
5 REPLIES 5

Ben_McBeen
Level 3
If you have previous backup images in the B2D folder, first try rescanning the folder. If that does not help, move them out temporarily and then scan again before retrying. I have had trouble with certain image files since my upgrade.

Mani_2
Level 6
Hello,

Initially we suggest you to run a Test Job and unchecking the option "Media capacity check to complete individual job" and verify the results.

Try creating a new Backup-to-Disk folder and run the job.

Kindly get back to us with the updates.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered"and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.

thanks!

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

Kevin_Twiest
Not applicable
I was running into this same problem when I did trial runs but when I actually ran the job with the exact same settings it was successful. It appears that there is a discrepancy between what the test requires and what the actual backup job requires.
It could be that the trial run sees the existing file size and doesn't realize that the app can increase the size of the file as well as create new ones.
I am running a new installation of BE 10.0 SP1 on a Dell PE2800 running XP SP1 Backing to a 4 disk array then when all is said and done replicating to tape.
I'll keep you posted as I learn more.Message was edited by:
Kevin Twiest