cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to network share outside the domain

Sleepy179
Level 3

Hi @ all!

I just installed BackupExec 2012 Small Business Edition on a Small Business Server 2008. Running Hyper-V with the to VMs SBS Server and Standard Server with MS SQL Server. BE ist running on the virtaul machine with the SBS.

Now I want to backup to a local harddisc in my comuter. I created a share on the Hyper-V machine. And the Hyper-V machine is not part of the domain.

I can write to the share using logon information from the Hyper-V Administrator account created to the share.

But now BE says, that the BE Service must have write permissons on the share for the BE Service account.

How can I give permission for a domain-service-account to a network share outside the domain??

Greetings

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should install BE on the host, push the remote agent to the SBS VM and then backup the SBS VM from the host.  Symantec always recommend that you use a physical machine as a media server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should install BE on the host, push the remote agent to the SBS VM and then backup the SBS VM from the host.  Symantec always recommend that you use a physical machine as a media server.

Sleepy179
Level 3

Thank you for the answer.

But if my information are correct, it will not be possible to install the SBS Edition of BE on the Hyper-V machine for licence reasons. But maybe my information is wrong.

I give it a try.

Greetings

Michael

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unlike previous versions of BE, the SBS edition of BE 2012 does not need to be installed in a SBS OS machine.

Sleepy179
Level 3

Works fine. Thank you!

Greetings

Michael