cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to remote FTP server

Ricci_Setholm
Not applicable
Hi there.

I would like to use BackupExec 10 to take backup to a remote FTP server, but I can't make it work.

I've tried to create af Backup-to-Disk media, but it doesn't accept the url for the FTP server. I've also tried to use the 3rd party product WebDrive to create a virtuel drive, but that is not recognised throug BackupExec or DOS application.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Ricci H. Setholm
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Ricci

As per our understanding of the query, you would like to backup the data to a FTP server.
If you want an offsite storage option then you can implement either of the following ,

1.You can use the duplicate job action to create duplicate sets of media for offsite location.Kindly refer the following technote,

The duplicate set of media can be stored offsite.

How to duplicate backup sets in Backup Exec 9.x/10.0 for Windows Servers

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255866.htm

2. If you want to use the FTP option, then you will have to create backup to disk folders on any server,take backups on them and then transfer those backup to disk files (*.bkf) onto the FTP server for offsite storage

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.