cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup won't start

ahazelwood
Level 4

Another day, another Backup Exec problem.

I have a job that has been running fine and all of the sudden, it won't run.  It's almost like it won't even start because I don't get a "Start Time."  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ahazelwood
Level 4

Well, I deleted EVERYTHING off the NAS, removed it from BE and re-created it in BE and now my jobs are running perfectly.  Thank goodness I have 2 NASs so I can do this.  Good luck if you ever have this problem and can't delete your files.....I'm exhausted and it's only 9am.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you restarted your services? Any outstanding alerts?

ahazelwood
Level 4

What services do I need to restart?  No outstanding alerts that I am aware of.

CraigV

Open up Beutility, go to your server name and then right-click and choose the option to restart the services.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Ahazelwood,

Please check if you are facing the issue as mentioned in this technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185853 : Backup Jobs get missed and alerts are displayed in Backup Exec 2012

If yes, then you can check the Solutions mentioned in the technote.

Thanks,

-Sush...

ahazelwood
Level 4

Where is Beutility?

Sush---
Level 6

BEUTILITY.exe is in C:\Prpgram Files\Symantec\Backup Exec folder....

But anyways you can go to Backup Exec button in Backup Exec console >> Configuration and Settings >> Backup Exec services and restart all services from there too.

Thanks,

-Sush...

ahazelwood
Level 4

The job isn't reported as missed.  It just keeps saying it is going to start but it never does.  The status is Queued but there is never a Start Time listed.  

ahazelwood
Level 4

Well, I restarted the services and so far nothing has changed.  :(

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,

Try recreating the job and make sure you have all the Live updates installed and the agents pushed out to your servers.

CraigV

Run a push-install from the media server. Any servers that don't have the agent installed will indicate that the installation needs to happen, as will any outdated agents!

ahazelwood
Level 4

All Live Updates have been installed.  Server was restarted.  How do I know if all the agents are pushed out?  

I recreated one of my jobs and so far it's running, I'll keep you updated.  Thanks!

ahazelwood
Level 4

Yep, you're right CraigV - they needed at least 3 updates each!  I'm running them now, will keep you updated - thanks!

ahazelwood
Level 4

Ok so I ran updates on the servers and restarted them, and I recreated the jobs.  But it still says the job status is "Queued."  Any other suggestions?

Sush---
Level 6

I would suggest you to open a case with Symantec Support to further troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV

...so no Alerts pending...what about the time on your server? Are you using DST or something like that? There have been numerous forum queries over the past couple of years around this...

ahazelwood
Level 4

no alerts pending, time on server is correct - yeah, none of the forums answer my question.  I've researched and researched and I'm sick of Symantec.  Why is BE so hard to use????

What is DST?

CraigV

Daylight Savings Time...and it might be time to open a support case with SYmantec over this.

If they help you solve your issue, come back here and post that solution before closing off the query.

ahazelwood
Level 4

Well, I deleted EVERYTHING off the NAS, removed it from BE and re-created it in BE and now my jobs are running perfectly.  Thank goodness I have 2 NASs so I can do this.  Good luck if you ever have this problem and can't delete your files.....I'm exhausted and it's only 9am.