cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2010 R2 job stuck

uricvon
Level 2

Hi,

I have an issue with BackupExec 2010 R2 getting stuck on jobs. The job runs and then gets to a point where the status is "running" but nothing is actually happening. my normal full monthyl back-up is 2.1TB to 2.3TB but now the job will stuck in 1.9TB. i already change the tapes and used the cleaning tape. but same issue happen. :(

Windows server 2004  R2 Enterprise Edition

Service Pack 2

BackupExec 2010 R2 

Has anyone experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that you do have an outstanding alert that you need to respond to.

I suspect that your tape is full and BE is asking for another overwritable tape.

As an aside, BE 2010 R2 is very out-dated.  I would suggest that you upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which is the latest version. Your existing licence keys will work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP4 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3 SP4, push out the remote agent again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that you do have an outstanding alert that you need to respond to.

I suspect that your tape is full and BE is asking for another overwritable tape.

As an aside, BE 2010 R2 is very out-dated.  I would suggest that you upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which is the latest version. Your existing licence keys will work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP4 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3 SP4, push out the remote agent again.

uricvon
Level 2

thanks PKH il try to raise the issue to our manager regarding the upgrade you suggested.