cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012 Run Once (at a later time)

CanadianMade
Level 3

Hello,

I think I'm trying to do something pretty basic but I can't seem to find the right settings? I want to run a full backup to Tape on a Saturday morning, but I don't wan't the full backup to reoccur, I will create a new job the next month. I then run a daily incremental (but that doesn't really apply to my problem).

What I'm trying to do is setup the Full backup so it runs on Saturday morning starting at 6am, the problem is I don't have an option to Run the job once at a later time. I only have the option for the Job Reccurence or for the job to Run Now? Why can't I have a Run Once and select the time and day? Am I missing something here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

When you schedule a job, you must have it reoccur. I guess you're trying to find an options similar to "Run at <XX Day> <XX Time>" 

Unfortunately that is not availbale in Backup Exec 2012.

Alternatively waht you can do is, Create a backup job with Recurring schedule of Monthly configure it to run on Saturday 6 am.

For this month, job will run on desired day and time.

Since you were anyways gonna create a new job next month, why not use the same jobn with different selections (if required) and change the schedule to the desired day next month?

hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

When you schedule a job, you must have it reoccur. I guess you're trying to find an options similar to "Run at <XX Day> <XX Time>" 

Unfortunately that is not availbale in Backup Exec 2012.

Alternatively waht you can do is, Create a backup job with Recurring schedule of Monthly configure it to run on Saturday 6 am.

For this month, job will run on desired day and time.

Since you were anyways gonna create a new job next month, why not use the same jobn with different selections (if required) and change the schedule to the desired day next month?

hope this helps.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

CanadianMade
Level 3

Thanks for your input. I guess I will go with the recurring schedule, the only thing is sometimes I run the month end at the end of the Month depending when the 1st of the next month is but I guess I can modify the job to suit.

Thanks for your all your help.

(when creating a one time backup you cannot select to run additional tasks like a Incremental)