cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec DLO 12.5 Storage Location on separate server

breakawayltd
Level 2
After reading the Admin manual and browsing the forums, I'm not exactly clear about the constraints of setting up new Storage Locations. We have a file server which is not our media server or BackupExec server that we wish to use as a storage location. When I use the New Storage Location wizard, I'm able to browse to the server and pick our desired folder on it's "G:" drive. The server then shows up under "Storage Locations" but its list of storage locations is empty. When I create a new user or attempt to move user data, the storage location on this new server's "G:" drive DOES show up. If I try to delete the server from the storage location list, it tells me that I have to remove the storage locations first (even though nothing appears in the list). I have resorted to opening the BE_DLO database and deleting the storage location from the Share table. This does clear it out. I'm not receiving any errors and I'm pretty certain that the service account has all the permissions it needs to pull this off. I like the ability to have a new user be added and have it's NUDF be created automatically. There are definitely some constraints or procedure I'm not understanding here. Can someone help me out? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Please check the below link and see if that helps.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/315806

breakawayltd
Level 2
Thanks for your reply Zaki. Unfortunately, that KB entry doesn't apply to me. The admin share for the drive on this server is working, however. It's still not clear to me what is missing here.