cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec R2 2010 SP1 - Live Update keep downloading SP1

Binu_Alex
Level 3

I have already already installed sp1 and hot fix  150096 and 144101 but every time when I run live update it is prompting me to download SP1??? have anyone experienced this? please help.

thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Binu_Alex
Level 3

after several live updated and hotfix installs ( same content ) seems to be fixed now.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Try repair install of Backup Exec.

rendersr
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Did you try to run the SP1 installer manually and see what it does?

I experencied the same issue with a hotfix. When i ranned the installer manually, the problem was solved.

Ruben

macpiano
Level 6

I have this same problem. Their live update needs a lot of work and I'm not why this is not corrected. We have enough issues without having to fool with this all the time.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this adds to helping solve the issue how?

MS also have issues with their software, so do CA with ARCserve, probably any flavour of Linux and MacOS too! Lots of lines of code, lots of ways to break software in lots of different environments. No 2 environments are the same (different AVs; different ways of doing things; firewalls blocking ports; downloads being timed out etc) so I am not sure how ANY software manufacturer caters for all of this.

Binu_Alex
Level 3

after several live updated and hotfix installs ( same content ) seems to be fixed now.

mdallagi
Level 3

It's the second time that this behavior happens... Last time I solved by reinstalling the SP1 and re-applying the hotfixes 150096 and 144101 (previously installed). I don't want to do it again!!!!!!!!!

Few days ago, the liveupdate was reporting the availability of two new hotfixes.

Today I decided to install them but again the liveupdate notify the SP1. It's incredible!

With a lot of issues I'm experiencing with this software, also issues with upgrade function?

Enough! I'm exhausted! Please Symantec solve at least this one....

HNeumann
Level 4

Hallo,

I have the same issue, it´s very annoying :-(. The solution don´t work for me! For at least 5 Times i installed SP1 again and again :(

Please mark the post at "NOT SOLVED" !!!

Greetings

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You please open a new thread. As his issue is resolved many users will not be visiting this thread.

Thanks...

CraigV

Hi,

It's solved for this user...you might have something else that's causing it...

Thanks!

HNeumann
Level 4

It is solved for this user? it´s not more than a workaround! ;-(

CraigV

A work-around would be something that is temporary. What the OP did fixed it, hence it is solved. It worked for him, and if it doesn't work for you, then there might be something else that is wrong. Open a new forum thread and post the details of what the error is, and what you've tried to fix it...

Binu_Alex
Level 3

Live update is prompting to download SP1 again.  This is ridiculous!!!!