cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backupjobs not completing (Newbie)

Graham_Wade
Not applicable

Hi

I am evaluating BEWS for us in our company. Whenever we backup the two servers the job fails to complete - it is often there 24 hours later.

If I try and cancel the job it confirms that I want to cancel and then ignores it. The only way to get the job from activer is to stop and restart all the services in which the job fails with an error that the remote service has reset.

I have checked and the "eject tape" option is not set.

There are no alerts.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Regards

Graham

6 REPLIES 6

truckerclock
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. I was running 11d, uninstalled it, rebooted and installed 12.5. All jobs now hang without ever giving an error and I have to kill the beengine service to get it to stop. I am not using the AOFO and test runs all complete successfully. Anybody know whats up with this?

bjash
Level 4
We're having the same issue here too.  We're running 12.5 Rev. 2213 (fresh install) with all of the latest LiveUpdates applied and have been able to reproduce this error under an XP SP3 and 2003 Standard SP2 build.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I got that error sometime with 11D, and hope I don't with 12.5! We're rolling it out en-masse.
You can stop the services, but will have to kill the processes with Task manager.
I solved most of this by doing that, and also checking disk space, making sure the user account password was correct, and I loaded the latest service pack and drivers for the tape drive.
Also make sure your Remote Agents are started on your servers.

riva11
Level 6
I agree with the CraigV suggestions, in the past I had the same issue and there was the system backup user account disabled.

bjash
Level 4
I have noticed that this problem is intermittent (sometimes) as the jobs do succeed some of the time, but most of the time they hang.

As we have rebuilt our backup server twice (both fresh OS installs with different OSes), I would think that we should have taken care of any logon account issues by now.

bjash
Level 4
Hi Graham,

We recently solved our issue which was similar to yours by updating the firmware on the SAS controller (we have an Adaptec 1045).

Hope it helps out.