cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beserver.exe not start

Marco_Galbiati
Level 3
Partner
I updated Backup 12.5 to 2010. When server reboot BE service non start with error: “Error 1053:The Service did not respond to the Start or Control request in a timely fashion”.
I installed hotfix 348284, then i reinstalled BE 2010 (not update) but service not start too. OS is Windows 2003 SP2 no R2, with Zetafax server installed and McAfee anti-virus console.
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
To resolve this issue:
1  : Perform a Repair Install of .net framework
2  : Reboot the Server

OR
1  : Uninstall .net Framework
2  : Reboot the server
3  : Reinstall .net Framework

After successful installation of .Net Framework all Backup Exec services should start.

Hope this helps.....

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Marco

Could you please post the event id & exact error message from the Windows System log.

Also try performing copy database it may fix your issue. Below are the steps to perform copy database.

1) Stop SQL Server BKUPEXEC service.

2) Browse to X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data folder, copy BEDB_DAT.MDF and BEDB_LOG.LDF file to your desktop.

3) Start the SQL service 

4) Open BEUtility.exe from X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec 

5) Highlight "All Media Server" on the left hand side and then right click on your server name on the right hand side.

6) From the list select "Copy Database" and then give the path of MDF & LDF files which are on your desktop.

7) If the process completes successfully BE Server service will start.

Marco_Galbiati
Level 3
Partner
i tried both solutions without success.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Did you refer the following document http://support.veritas.com/docs/344680

Perform the following step and let us know the result
1. Open a command prompt to the Backup Exec installation directory (X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec)
2. Type (without quotes) "beserver -console"

Refer the following document if this applies
http://support.veritas.com/docs/332254