cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta First Time Install Problem...now you see me, now you don't...

pib
Not applicable

Windows XP SP3 

Removed Norton Internet Security provided by BT, downloaded beta trial.

Worked perfectly first time, did not conflict with any other software, everything looked rosy Smiley Happy

Did a full system performance scan using System Mechanic 8, again everything seemed to be working fine, I run this software deliberately as it is usually the product I find that makes things fall over.

Decided to have a look at the new Beta settings, everything was at default, noticed that Anti-Spam was not on, so set it to be enabled.

Carried on browsing, reading email using IE7 whilst looking at sites in Firefox 3, when Internet Security just shut down, no warning, vanished from the Taskbar, and could not get it to start again until I rebooted.

Not a very promising start.

Going to try and replicate the problem, e.g. read email whilst toggling to view websites, it may never happen again, but if it does I'll post again.

Love the new look interface A++ to the designers Smiley Very Happy

1 REPLY 1

Springersrhule
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Hi pib,

Just to confirm, this is a Backup Exec forum, not the consumer antivirus products Symantec sells and brands as Norton. The consumer forums are at: http://community.norton.com/norton/?category.id=nis if that is the product you are looking for advice on.

~SR