cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CASO Troubleshooting

nick_galtry
Level 4
Hi All
I am implementing a CASO enviroment and have just been going through some testing, When the Central Administrator Server is offline I can not use the MMS is there a way of fixing this problem? the BEUtilities progam won't run on the MMS either so I can't use that to try and set the server back to a stand alone box. The MMS server will be used for DR so I it needs to work without the CAS being there.
Any help will be great.
3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
 You can try going through Add/Remove Program on the MMS to modify the BE install. When you get to the screen that shows the options installed you should be able to Uncheck/Uncross the MMS option which might remove it and return you to stand alone.

If this does not work then there are some registry mods that can be made although you might need a formal support call for assistance to use these.

With regards the MMS not working when the CASO is offline, you can adjust things a bit in the latest version of Backup Exec so that the Adamm is still held locally which might help a bit, but at a basic level the CAS is a controlling server that needs to be online.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Nick,

It depends on how you set up your CASO in the first place, and it sounds like you have centralised your database/catalogs etc. IN this case, when the CASO goes down, all MMS servers go down with it.
From my perspective, I set up the servers as distributed, and the CASO therefore becomes my central management server only. The main reason for this is due to slow links in Africa and Asia where we have multiple sites.
You can manually edit out the server from the CASO, but that amounts to editing your registry, so be very careful and sure you want to go that route. And before doing anything, backup your registry...

1. Open up regedit.exe, and go too: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\BEDatabase - make sure that has the local server name of your server in.
2. Same registry key, but under: \BE F W\Adamm: Database Server Name - make sure this is your local server name; PreviousDjmPrimaryServer - make sure this is your local server name.
3. Same registry key, but under: BE F W\Backup Exec\Server: DjmPrimary Server - change this to your local server name.
4. Restart your services for BEWS, and this will return your server to a stand-alone.

Let me know if you don't come right...

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Nick,

Any news here?