cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI command for Creating/Resgitering OST storage server with BE

sugarboy
Level 4
Hi, Does BE have CLI command to configure OST storage server, as well as creating Disk Volumes under the storage server? I know it has "becmd" with different switches however i could not any switch for creating Storage server. Thanks, Sagar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

For info the version of BE Scheduled for next year will no longer use the traditional BEMCMD. We are in the process of developing a Powershell CLI for that version which should provide enhanced capabilities.

Whilst I can't confirm whether the option you are after will make it, any customers regularly performing operations with bemcmd should look into the new capabilities once it is released (or join the Beta Program to get an early look)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

Hello,

Currently There is no Such option available Through Command Line for registering or Creating the LSU's.

BEMCMD option not avaiable for Dedupe (wich operates independently like DLO within Backup exec)

Regards,

Arul

sugarboy
Level 4

Thanks Arul,

Is there any chance of getting them in future versions of BE?

Thanks,

Sagar

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

For info the version of BE Scheduled for next year will no longer use the traditional BEMCMD. We are in the process of developing a Powershell CLI for that version which should provide enhanced capabilities.

Whilst I can't confirm whether the option you are after will make it, any customers regularly performing operations with bemcmd should look into the new capabilities once it is released (or join the Beta Program to get an early look)