cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS backup jobs greyed out after upgrade

Michael_Tyniec
Level 2
I upgraded from 10d to 11d. All the CPS jobs I created in 10d are greyed out in 11d. The scheduled jobs start at their normal time. I can't start the manual jobs though. When I right click on a job, I'm unable to select Start, Stop, or Cancel. All those options are greyed out. Is there any way I can activate them?

I upgraded all the protected servers with the latest agents, but that did not work.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
Michael, I'm looking for similar occurrences with other customers that have called into support and I will let you know what I find out.

Michael_Tyniec
Level 2
If this helps, I noticed that when I change the time on my schedule jobs, nothing happens. For instance I changed my 6pm job so it can run at 8pm (no errors when I made the change), but the job still ran at 6pm. So I can't change the time for scheduled jobs.

Thanks for your help

Tyron_Somwaru
Not applicable
Hi Michael

I was just searching the forums as I've come across the same issue as you.
I was wondering whether Symantec managed to resolve the issue for you?

I have logged the call but not heard back from them as yet..

Thanks in advance
Tyron.

CraigCorefleet
Level 3
Hi Michael

I have the same issue. Did you ever get a resolution. Thanks Craig

Jason_Nash
Level 3
I am also having this exact same issue. Did anyone find a fix??

I did install from the 6235 build disks so I am going to try an upgrade to the latest build.

Jason_Nash
Level 3
I had no luck upgrading to the latest release but good news I now have the fix. The problem is caused by a corrupt CPS database. See below for the fix.

1. Take a note of all of your CPS jobs and backup destinations as you will need to recreate them at the end of this procedure

2. Stop all of the CPS services

3. Rename the Database folder in C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Continuous Protection Server\ to database.old

4. Rerun the CPS installation from your installation media and select the repair option, this will create a new CPS database folder and databases. Reboot the server at the end of the repair.

5.  You should now be able to recreate all of your backup destinations and jobs, and all should work fine.

Mohamed_2
Level 3
This is what i did and all works for me.
stop cont protection database service
copy the cms and cpa database and log. to a safe location c:\prog..\symatec\cont.pro..\database\
uninstall cps. reboot. install cps 11d. stop cont. proto. database service.
copy replace previous copied database. start cont. proto. service.
all should be good to go.
if cms service fail to start. check the integrated login or login type. try changing this on odbc connections.

I hope this helps.

Frankv_2
Not applicable
I had CPS 11d working fine until I carried out some Microsoft Updates to the server.  This also caused the backup jobs to be greyed out.

I carried out the tasks in this article http://support.veritas.com/docs/282698 to generate a new index database, with the exception that I could not stop the continuous backup jobs before stopping the CPS services.  Once I carried out all the steps and restarted the CPS services, I stopped and started the backup jobs and all came up great.

Last time this happened I also uninstalled CPS and reinstalled it but I knew there had to be a better way.  This may resolve your issue too.