cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can BE 2010 Remote Console manage 12.5 media servers?

dfosbenner
Level 4
Since I waon't be able to upgrade all my media servers at once, does anyone know if the BE 2010 console can connect to and manage 12.5 media servers? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

I have tried and it does not work......I installed BE2010 management console on one server and tried to connect to BE12.5, but it did not worked...

Hope this helps....

dfosbenner
Level 4
Thank you Dev.  I don't know why they don't provide this functionality, it would make upgrades so much easier.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Technically it SHOULD be able to manage 1 version back. That's in theory. In practice, it is another matter. I have had some servers connect in to the CASO, and others not.
My new solution when upgrading to Backup Exec 2010 has been to keep our old 12.5 CASO, and install a new 2010 CASO. both are VMs, and we have an extensive VM infrastructure. In my case, it isn't an issue keeping both versions running at the same time.
When I upgrade 1 server to 2010, I then move it across to the new CASO (after removing it from the old CASO first)...

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The CASO console can distribute and monitor jobs one server back but it cannot directly manage the local console of the MMS on the lower version - this has never been part of the design of the product.

The standard (non CASO) management console can only directly manage servers on the same version.